Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nick Bruel Author Visit


Author/illustrator Nick Bruel visited my school on January 16! My students love his Bad Kitty books so much, they are almost always checked out. As soon as I hung posters promoting his visit, our students and staff were buzzing with excitement!

Before his visit, I invited each class in kindergarten through fourth grade to visit the media center for a Nick Bruel storytime. We read Bob and Otto, Who Is Melvin Bubble, and Poor PuppyWho Is Melvin Bubble is my favorite ever read-aloud! My students roared with laughter during this book.
 
During his presentations, Mr. Bruel read his book Bad Kitty to the students. Then he told students how his books start with a title and led them through a story writing activity starting with a title they generated and using their ideas. Several of our students later brought me their drawings and stories, inspired from this activity.

Thank you to FoxTale Book Shoppe for coordinating Nick Bruel's visit to our school!

No comments:

Post a Comment