Friday, April 9, 2021

Jungle Book Fair

We recently held our spring book fair. Last spring, I had everything prepared for our book fair but it was cancelled after school closed due to covid. So this year, I used the spring 2020 theme, which was Book Fair Jungle: Elephants, Tigers, and Books Oh My! The inside and outside of the media center were decorated to correspond with the theme.  


Several changes were put in place to make this book fair safe. Students were required to sanitize their hands as they entered the book fair. Previously, teachers were invited to sign up for one preview time and one shopping time. As a result, we often had two classes in the book fair at once. During this fair, I created a video preview for students to watch and asked teachers to sign up for a shopping time only.  This allowed us to have one class at a time in the library. Our digital learners were invited to shop after school. My students and teachers were so excited to have an in-person book fair that they did not mind any of the new procedures!

During this fair, my younger readers loved Babysitters Little Sister: Karen's Worst Day by Ann M. Martin, Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry, and My Very Favorite Book in the Whole Wide World by Malcolm Mitchell. My older readers bought Dog Man: Mothering Heights by Dav Pilkey and Hide and Seeker by Daka Hermon.

Because we did not have any family events, this was not our most successful book fair ever. However, we made enough money to purchase new books and filament for our 3D printer!

No comments:

Post a Comment